On a daily basis, Closer to Home works with families and communities to address a broad spectrum of issues that may put families at risk of being separated or falling into crisis. Some families are one situation away from spiraling into crisis and increased stress leading to family breakdown. At the surface life seems to be running smoothly. Then a wild fire takes over, or a job is lost or one flees their home and moves to a new country, and sometimes, sadly, all of the above.
Families who engage successfully with Early Intervention and Prevention services reduce their reliance on other social supports, such as police services, walk-in medical clinics, medical interventions as a result of mental health issues, in-school counselling, other counselling services, and more.
Closer to Home’s Early Intervention and Prevention services include:
- West Central Community Resource Centre
- Walk-In Services
- Parenting/Caregiver Support & Classes
- Child & Youth Programs
- Community Connections
- Volunteer Opportunities
- For more information about the programs and services available through the WCCRC, click here.
- Youth mental health resources
- Workshops, groups and other activities